Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Moose - High Ball Me! (2000)

http://www.mediafire.com/?1hwu2zmcw5g
To this day, I consider one of the defining moments of 2005 to be that time in September I was sitting alone in my apartment randomly browsing Audiogalaxy Rhapsody clicking on albums and I uncovered this massive gem released by a band called Moose. I ate up every millisecond of it: it was bright, tuneful, strange, and satisfying. Within the week, I ordered the album from on amazon.com. I had to own a physical copy of it. I mean, I was drooling.

HOLY FREAKING COW, THIS IS AN EXCELLENT ALBUM!!!! Sorry for yelling there, but I exclaim only what I believe. This is one of the most happy and delightful albums that was ever produced. Naturally, I haven't listened to every album ever made, but I believe in this statement just as strongly as I believe that there is a Paris, France even though I've never been there.

I really adore this band's use of arrangements. They prefer thick and heavy pop orchestration like good old Coldplay, but instead of sounding cold and depressing, they sound warm and dreamy, often peppering their songs with such things as spaghetti western guitar, zippy pizzicato strings, dreamy synthesizers, and happy bongos. The result is a brew that sounds almost too good to be true. Really, I don't know why more people don't know about this band. They ought to have been superstars. - Don Ignacio
http://www.mediafire.com/?1hwu2zmcw5g

No comments:

Post a Comment